Saturday, March 16, 2013

BFS League, Necron Fine Tuning and Ultramarines

The past month has been very eventful at the BFS club. My fellow Tournament Organizer and partner in crime, Ed, has decided to start up the first ever Battle For Salvation League. I am going to do a separate post on the league, the matches I played in, and the results thus far. For now, these are some games that I played in between league games. The necrons continue their fine tuning and the Ultramarines get another shot  as I begin to update the army.

Necrons/Grey Knights vs. BA/Grey Knights

Bruce is attempting to make a two land raider list work. The gimmick with this list is to use shield of sanguinius on land raider redeemers. He also ran a librarian to give stealth to the land raiders, inquisitor and GK termies and a strike squad. His BA libby was accompanied by 2 assault squads. 


Despite the cover saves and killing my scarabs on turn one and two, my haywire crypteks proved to be too much for the land raiders. I used all my tesla to take out ground troops.


After his shooting and raiders were non factors my CC units got into the heart of his army. Victory for the Necrons!


Necrons/Grey Knights vs. Tyranids

A game at the comic store against Brother Captain James. James' Tyranids can be really tough to beat if he gets the right psychic powers. Hoping for some luck from the psychic powers chart James furiously writes them down as he rolls. The penis mightier than the sword my friend!

I decided to go first but my shooting was ineffective. I moved up the wraiths hoping to stay out of sight but one Tyrant got a little to close. The other attempted to get in my ranks.


My turn two shooting was great against the one tyrant and I killed him before I got to charge. I ran scarabs to prolong the CC and not allow the other tyrant to escape.


Once reserves started coming in I had to disperse my army using my new Deathmark unit to kill gaunts. Deathmarks armed with a Despair Flamer Cryptek is a pretty nifty combo. Similar to a baleflamer would for at least one unit.


Ultimately once the tyrants were down and the Dreadknight force weaponed a tervigon, James conceeded. Most my army was intact but he did do a lot of damage to my army.

Ultramarines vs. Chaos Space Marines

Ultramarines get another shot. Here against Dariens CSM's at Comic Book Heaven. 



In this battle the Ultramarines did not fail me. I am currently converting the army to be on grass bases so they can be paired with my IG. 


Necrons: 30-6-3
Ultramarines: 1-1-0
IG: 0-1-0
BA: 1-1-0
Overall: 32-9-3

No comments:

Post a Comment