Thursday, August 16, 2012

Battle Report # 4 (7/16/12) BA vs. Daemons

This is the last Bat Rep without pics so I will make this quick!

The battle was my Red Marines as BA vs. my friend Bruces Nurgle Daemons. He ran 4  large Plague Squads with Epidemius. He had 3 Daemon Princes and Kugath the greater daemon. He also ran a Soul Grinder and 2 Horror squads as the only non-nurgle units.

I ran a similar list to my previous BA list. I did change how I ran the tacticals though. Instead of 4 small squads I ran two 10 man with 2 meltaguns and Sgt with plasma pistols. This seemed to eliminate the confusion I had with their role. They are scoring units and are designed to shoot and claim objectives. Being my only scoring units, I need them alive and not in CC.

The mission was Dawn of War and the Crusade (5 objectives). It seems like I roll that mission every time!

The greater Daemons were relatively easy for me to destroy on turn 2 after they dropped. I charged epidemius squad with the dreadnought and held him the entire game. The only problem was as the army did do damage epidemius tally grew. For those who don't know, if a model with the mark of nurgle kills an enemy model it goes on the tally. After enough models get killed the nurgle models get special powers. Eventually, Bruce got all the powers unlocked. The nurgle units got feel no pain on a 3+, ignored armor saves, and wounded my models on 2+!

Luckily he was out of position. I used the first few turns to cover most of the objectives and forced him to deep strike farther away. The game ended on turn 5. Had it went on I would have been in trouble. The last two turns for me were mostly moving as far away from the last three plague squads and horrors.

Result: WIN
Blood Angels (1-1-0)
Overall (2-2-0)

No comments:

Post a Comment