Saturday, August 10, 2013

Catch Up and BFS GT

Before getting into the games though, I want to say that the Battle for Salvation GT is around the corner. As TO I am biased to say that this tournament is one of the best tournaments on the east coast. This will be our fourth year running and it will be our best year yet. To register our website is here. Make sure to look for updates as our missions pack and information is being updated.

Now for the games. It has been 3 months since my last post but I have so many battles to report. Unfortunately, this post is not going to be very detailed because I don't remember many of the details!

Necrons vs. Chaos
Here I am practicing an 1850 list for Killadelphia. I am playing Mike P at the club.







Noise marines had my number and I was unable to get first blood because the invuls on the forge fiends.
LOSS!

Practicing another 1850 list. This time with scarabs at Kirwans Game Store.
Round1 Necrons vs. Sisters







The Wraiths and the Dreadknight blew up the left flank while the left flank got messy. The game was lost on turn 5 when Zandrekh failed a LD 9 and was swept with the immortals.
LOSS!

Round 2 Necrons vs. Tyranids
Here I played James in a Kill Point mission. He went first flying with his Tyrants.









I was able to down one of his tyrants quick while occupying the other with the grey knights. The dreadknight also had no problem killing some big bugs. 
WIN!

Round 3 Necrons vs. Orks
Here I faced my bro Ryan. His orks also had first turn.




In a nail biter I manage to beat Ryan. 
WIN!

More Necron practice. This time, back at the club vs Bob Roda and his early demon list. He ran a large fast moving horde.








First time against the new demon codex with my necrons. It was much easier when I had null zone! The scouting hounds essentially redeployed his whole army taking my GKs out of range.
LOSS!

Necrons vs Black Templars at Comic Book Heaven
Playing my tournament list against a guy who was getting back in the game. This was more of a learning experience but we had some pretty cool combats.





After securing the relic, I challenged the marshal with the Dreadknight and they duked it out for 2 turns.
WIN!

Killadelphia practice game vs Mike and his Chaos Crons. Both of us would go on to also play in Killadelphia. 










My flyers and barges took out his flyers while my wraiths played a staring match with his spawn. In the end my dreadknight made a few deny the witch rolls and disrupted his blobs.
WIN!

Here we go, on to Killadelphia!
Here is a look at what I took. Standard list but I was forced to take only 6 scarabs because of the 1850 points value. All in all the army came out looking great.


Round 1 vs Chaos Death Guard
The Typhus lead death guard had only a few things that scared me. A 3 man obliterator squad and some drakes. Taking them out would be key. I went first and my goal was to destroy as much as possible before the drakes came in. With no terrain in the way I had no problems dealing with his prince.






In the end my shooting was too much especially with no terrain.
WIN!


Really cool dwarf "squat" guard army.

Round 2 vs Eldar and IG allies.
I was not a fan of the terrain on this board as it was very difficult to determine movement and lines of sight. It is always hard to do that with fortifications as terrain because of their special rules and odd shapes. Unfortunately I had to play on this board 3 times!


I had a pretty good opening round of fire but little by little I lost some key units. My Dreadknight died to 7 lasgun shots. I have been losing him in silly ways as of late. If the game ended on 5 I would have won but we went to 6 and I hade poor shots on the blob that stretched out to contest the middle.
LOSS!

My phone began to die and I could not take photos of game 3. I played a kid who was running orks. I had terrible rolls but managed to pull a win out of it.
WIN!

Day 2
Round 4 vs. Chaos and IG
This game was tough because once again I am on the same board. My dreadknight died pretty easily agian and the wraiths did their job tying up the blob while my army was able to deal with the major threats.

WIN!

Cool pick of my two HQs

Some other games going on....



What a bumper sticker!

New BFS member Bob Rodas army

Mike Morales Chaos Crons

Game 5
The rematch. After splitting the two games Mike and I played, its fitting that one of us would play in the silver bracket finals.





Unlike the other games my dreadknight survived but he wasnt given any good targets until the end when he charged the spawn. I had no luck downing his flyers and that cost me the game as he was able to place templates and deliver his units to the objectives.
LOSS!

Game 6 vs Necrons
I hate playing against necrons because its like losing to yourself! Not here though. My dreadknight was a beast and killed the tomb spyders and many of the scarabs. Agian, not a fan of the terrain. This piece was so big and odd that I couldnt see the scarabs in the center. If I didnt have the dreadknight or the ability to teleport first turn, I would never stop the scarab farming because I dont have barrage weapons.








Tough game but I pulled out the win.
WIN!


Necrons: 48-17-3
Ultramarines: 3-2-0
IG: 0-1-0
BA: 1-1-0
Overall: 52-21-3





No comments:

Post a Comment