Sunday, July 22, 2012

Army Intro: Necrons

When I first started playing Warhammer 40K in 2005, my first army was the Necrons. I'll have to admit they have not seen too many games throughout 5th edition but with 6th edition favoring the evil alien robots, I believe they will be my primary tournament army. I have already played 2 of my first four games with them splitting with a win and a loss. 

Below are some pics of just a few models that I have. Since the army was very outdated I have begun to repaint the old and buy the new models. Therefore, these are just some shots at what is up to speed. I do have some more tomb spyders and scarabs as well as warriors, wraiths and crypteks All are built and some are painted. I also have 3 Annihilation/Command barges that can be interchanged, a monolith and 2 ghost arks to round out my vehicles

The biggest struggle for me at this point with the Crons is that  I am using what I have. I am in the process of building up the army for tournaments. Necrons being able to field cheap and reliable flyers is really cool but I don't own any! The Scythes are definitely on my to do list.

The next post will be about my current list and the first two battle reps. The goal for this blog is to keep track of the games I play and hopefully reflect on them and improve. I did this with 5th edition but I had the battles in note books. It was a pain to keep track and so this edition will be online. 














  ^An overview of the army.

















^My Overlord until the new one is painted.













   ^Wraiths. I like the new models but I own 6 of the old ones so I dont think I will change over.

 
    ^Tomb Spyder conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment